We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices)your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or AndroidAdvertising ID.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number
- Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- Prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
- Customise, measure, and improve our website and services
- Deliver targeted marketing to you
- Contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you
We may disclose information about you:
- With our service providers: Companies we contract with who help with parts of our business operations. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- With your service providers: Companies under contract with, or acting on your behalf, who handle data (such as a customer lists) on your behalf.
- With our subsidiaries and related companies
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for exampleto comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establishor defend the legal rights of CognitiveClouds, our Advertisers or any other third party.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
- We also share technical data that we collect about your browsing habits and your device (such as data relating to our cookies, tracking pixels and similar technologies) with other advertising companies in the digital advertising ecosystem. This enables them and us to better target ads to you.
Finally, we may disclose aggregated, anonymised information to third parties.
Cookies and related technologies
Your choices and opting-out
We recognise how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted adsserved by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here . Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies : CognitiveClouds is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Codes of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioural Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here .
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
* If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes(such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
* If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browseror device.
* Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do NotTrack) : We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect toyour browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
- You can request that we stop email marketing to you. You can use the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, if you are located in the European Economic Area you may also have the right to access,correct or update some of the information we hold about you. You can also request that we delete your information. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organisational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, inparticular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing
We may transfer the information we collect about you to countries other than the country where we originally collected it for the purposes of storage and processing of data and operating our services.Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as your country. However, when we transfer your information to other countries, we will protect that information as described in this Privacy Notice and take steps, where necessary, to ensure that international transfers comply with applicable laws. For example, if we transfer your information from the European Economic Area to acountry outside it, such as the United States, we will seek to take additional steps such as enteringinto EU compliant data transfer agreements with the data importer where necessary.
Pending further developments relating to the status of data transfers to the US under the previous Safe Harbor regime, to the extent they are applicable, CognitiveClouds, Inc. (our U.S.-based parentcompany) will continue to comply with the principles of the U.S./EU and U.S./Swiss Safe HarborFrameworks regarding Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to the personal information it receives in the U.S. from the relevant European countries, effective as of the date its certification is posted to the U.S Department ofCommerce website at http://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. To exercise their rights under Safe Harbor or file a complaint, residents of those countries may contact CognitiveClouds, Inc. as described below, and our Advertisers can log into their accounts to directly access and correct certain information they have submitted. In the event we are unable to resolve a disagreement with a covered European resident regarding the handling of his or her personal information under Safe Harbor, we agree to resolve the matter through the International Centre for Dispute Resolution / American Arbitration Association Safe Harbor Dispute Resolution Program (http://info.adr.org/safeharbor). Tolearn more about the Safe Harbor Frameworks, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, our privacy practices, or with CognitiveClouds generally, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To contact CognitiveClouds please e-mail email@example.com or write to us at the following address:
5433 Ontario Common
Fremont CA 94555