Ruby on Rails Developer
As an experienced Developer, you’d make a great addition to our rapidly growing engineering team. Do you want mentorship from an IIT graduate (http://linkd.in/1B9UoFO) who led Pure Digital’s software engineering team, which was acquired by Cisco for $590M USD?
At CognitiveClouds, we focus on developing world-class software products for startups and large companies alike. We bring Silicon Valley’s startup culture to our modern office in Bangalore where you won’t find cubicles and uptight business executives dressed in suits.
Do you enjoy learning new languages and staying current with modern open source technologies?
I’m looking forward to your quick response with your updated CV, your current company, current ctc and expected ctc, notice period if any, to discuss the opportunity we have more in detail with you
We are looking for a Ruby on Rails developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integration of data storage solutions may include databases such as postgres, mongoDB etc.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automatization
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Resque
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages such as Liquid, Slim etc
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors such as Sass.
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- A knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Able to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bundler, Rake, etc
- Familiarity with continuous integration