8 Most Frequent Questions About Hospital Management Software Answered
Today, investing in hospital management software (HMS) has become crucial to streamline the administration, increase profitability, and provide better patients. The popularity of HMS has shifted reliance on manual processes to smooth automated operations, increasing the staff's productivity and pushing the facility to offer top-class services to its clients.
Even though a hospital management system aids in managing data and industry departments effectively, not everybody knows how much additional value an HMS can add to the industry today. From our experience working with various clients in the healthcare industry, our team has carefully curated eight most frequently asked questions to highlight the significance of hospital management applications, features, and related topics.
1. What is Hospital Management Software?
Today, there is dire need for every institution or business to manage data and administration efficiently. Hospitals and health clinics cater to many people, and thus the need for an effective hospital management system arises. Hospital management software serves a practical purpose in the health industry:
- Hospital management application helps field professionals manage routine tasks and information about patients, finances, treatments, etc., under one safe and secure platform.
- It is commonly used for improving communication and coordination between the staff and the hospital's medical supply chain system.
- The software also aids the hospital administration in keeping track of the billing, maintaining the admitted patients' contact details, and saving the insurance information for future reference.
2. What are the types of HMS available?
Cloud-based and On-Premise are the two types of hospital management software available. While an On-Premise hospital management software is stored on-site, using the hospital’s private server and data centers, a cloud-based or web-based hospital management software hosts itself on the provider's server and can be accessed by the client.
Using a cloud-based hospital management system is often preferred since the HMS is relatively cost-effective and is remotely managed by the provider, dealing with bugs, related hardware purchases, etc., from the client’s side.
However, On-Premise software provides you with complete control and privacy over the product and the stored data.
3. What are the benefits of using HMS?
Implementing HMS in hospitals and clinics has proven beneficial for staff, revenue management, and efficient hospital operations.
Following are some of the experienced benefits experienced by our clients after using the advanced features of the hospital management system:
- Fast processing and Results: One of the popular reasons for investing in software for hospital management is that it increases the processing speed of large data and aids the hospital in faster tracking and verifying provided data.
- Effortless management: A capable HMS is an advanced portal that can efficiently manage and track the status of a patient’s entire hospital experience, from the appointment to the discharge.
- Error-free administration: While manual administration leaves room for many minute, hard-to-spot errors, thanks to automation and successful implementation of artificial intelligence in the HMS, data can be stored with minimal errors.
- Assured data security: An HMS assures data integrity through user authentication and limits out-of-turn data access by tracking staff shift timings and attendance.
- Enhanced patient care: With a decrease in tedious data-entry tasks, and workload, the staff efficiency has increased significantly, thus resulting in an excellent customer experience after implementing the hospital management software.
4. What are the features of HMS?
Hospital management systems come integrated with many attractive features that help health clinics in administration, patient care, and other departments.
- Appointment Scheduling: This feature helps patients schedule their appointments on the hospital’s website.
- Patient onboarding: Hospital management systems are popular for their efficient patient onboarding feature, storing all patient-related data.
- Automated Billing: Automated billing is one of the most popular features of the hospital management system. It takes care of charging for all amenities and treatments for the patient, with no manual intervention.
- Report generation: This feature allows users to manage and update lab reports and operations using a simple dashboard.
- Consultation Tracker: This automated feature allots appointments to patients and manages time slots according to the doctor’s records and specialty entered by the patient.
5. How many modules are used in HMS?
Each system has different combinations of modules as per customer requirements. Here are five of the most common modules that are implemented in ready-made hospital management software:
Operational and Tactical System
6. Top 5 hospital management software in the market.
Hospital management software is a vital tool for business administration and management of sales. Acquiring an automated HMS is simple, what with the wide range of companies innovating various technologies to fulfill the varied requirements of the healthcare industry. We have for you the best HMS in the market, as of today:
MocDoc: MocDoc hospital management software can be integrated into the daily administration and management of all types of health clinics, from small to large corporate chains. The software includes many flagship features such as Doctor Discovery, Visual Bed Management, Discharge Summary, and regular features like Appointment allotment, Automated Billing, and Prescription Distribution.
Attune: Attune HMS is an efficient option to increase your health clinic's staff productivity and revenue. It includes attractive features like Creche Management, Doctor Consultation, Pharmacy information system, and OT Management that have helped many health care institutions increase their overall revenue.
ITDose Infosystem: The ITDose Infosystem is a convergent platform that helps healthcare clinics with the documentation needed by internal laws, prevents misuse of data, and offers transparency between two departments. It also offers significant features like staff management, billing, accounting, laboratory management, etc.
Nova TeleHealth: Nova TeleHealth is a web application that offers medical professionals the freedom of practicing medicine on the go. The web application requires interested clients to make an account on the Nova TeleHealth website to provide online consultations to patients. The application also provides additional features such as Custom check-in pages, teleportal branding rights, and reviewing clinic statistics. For more information on Nova TeleHealth, click here.
Insta: The Insta hospital management software is reputed for managing stock and employee attendance. It has improved employee productivity by significant percentages and has helped organize all hospital departments with ease.
7. What is the average cost of HMS?
The average cost of hospital management software depends on the client’s requirements, software architecture, and the features added in the HMS. The timeline within which the software is expected to be delivered and the amount of research and team efforts to develop the HMS also contribute to the cost.
Our team is dedicated to its clients and working on highly innovative projects. We aim to provide maximum customer satisfaction at a reasonable cost. Reach out to us to get a quotation on your upcoming project.
8. Should I go for custom HMS or off-the-shelf HMS?
Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) HMS is popular for its cost-effectiveness and is readily available for instant use. Several enterprises provide quality COTS HMS at reasonable prices for better hospital management.
On the other hand, custom HMS provides the user with exclusive solutions and customizations per usage and requirements. Investing in a custom HMS is also has a significant advantage of avoiding licensing expansions. If you want to know more about the benefits of using custom software, click here.
Hospitals are switching from manual administrative and onboarding processes to digital infrastructure for enhancing staff productivity, better data management, and quality services. To conclude, the hospital management software optimizes the institution's workflow and operations to the fullest, notwithstanding the type of HMS you choose- be it cloud-based, offline HMS, ready-made software, or custom hospital management software.
We offer all kinds of hospital management systems to help you automate your health clinic's operations better. Reach out to us here.