Goomo is a travel tech startup, headquartered in Mumbai, that distributes services and products through online channels. It operates across 3 verticals – corporate, consumer and B2B, and claims to possess an over 30% market share in the MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions) and trade fair segment.
They wanted to
Build an mobile app that provides all the solutions for a traveler's needs. From air tickets to hotel rooms to holiday packages to buses to car rentals, reservation facilities at hotels around the world, and provides access to the best travel deals to numerous national and international destinations after compiling and comparing the deals.
We helped them
Build a travel app with the following key features:
- The basic building block of the app comprised of Registration, Profiles, a Home Page displaying various deals, Push Notifications, and a Payment Gateway.
- We kept the user sign-up very simple and fast to reduce friction in the process. The less you ask, the more the chance that users actually complete creating their profiles.
- Allowed for social login. It lets users reuse their saved personal information from social media in just a few taps.
- Sign-up not mandatory, but users were rewarded for sharing their personal data. For instance, users are able to store and quickly reuse their data in the future (like the credit card or passport number)
- The data made it possible to analyze users' behavior patterns and preferences to make personalized offers to customers.
- Push notifications become an important tool for retargeting users. Push Notifications are one of the big advantages of mobile apps over websites since they allow delivering certain information to the users even when they aren't using your app.
- Payment Gateway that includes all the most popular payment options.
- Search section where users can browse through the best deals. A range of filters and sorting options apart from the obvious date, destination and price range were labeled (culture if the tour includes many museums, art galleries, etc., child-friendly, Adventure if the tour is about walking in nature or visiting castles) and made available so users could browse and find an ideal deal for them faster.
- Users can customize their itinerary by adding descriptions, tags, photos, location addresses, and so on.
- Maps with the ability to build itineraries. A detailed map where the user just needs to specify his or her location, then enter the destination, and choose the type of route (on foot, by car, by public transport). And the app builds the itinerary for you.
- Book hotel rooms, flight tickets, train tickets, bus tickets, and outstation cabs in a tap
- View booking details, make cancellations, request e-tickets and much more.
The app needed a robust backend and compelling design. We kept the interface design intuitive and appealing while abandoning unnecessary details in favor of simplicity and clarity. We ensured that the information is displayed consistently on the web, mobile, and tablet platforms. The ultimate goal was to provide a consistent user experience. We developed a versatile app (available on Android and iOS) that promises personalized customer experience across all platforms and devices.
Goomo is currently in a phase of rapid growth after having raised over $50 Mn in funding from Emerging India. Its online platform serves more than 50K users each week, a figure that is doubling month after month. The firm's total transacted value stands at $310 Mn. Goomo claims to be onboarding over 20,000 passengers each week in the B2B segment.